AmeriCamp 2019 Program Costs
Stage One – $75
The first step is to fill in your application (this takes no more than an hour!) and make your Stage One payment of $75. You’ll then be ready for interview!Please note, that this is refundable if you are not accepted onto the program after interview.
Stage Two – $185
Once you have completed your interview, your interviewer will write up your interview notes and attach them to your application. After this, you will then be asked to pay the Stage Two cost of $185.
We will also help you with obtaining the below;
- Two references
- Creating a short application video
NB: Your police check and medical form are not required at this stage.
Once all of this has been done, your application will then circulate to over 600 Camp Directors in the USA who are actively seeking amazing staff for this Summer.
When a Camp likes the look of your application you will be put on what is called ‘review’. You may be asked to have a Skype or Phone call with the Camp Director or you may get ‘#plACed’ straight away!
Stage Three – $309
Upon placement at a Camp, you will be asked to pay the final Stage Three payment of $309; this has to be paid within 10 days of you confirming your placement.
Your Stage Three payment secures your placement, sponsorship of your visa and your medical insurance for 90 days.
You will then be required to obtain a police check and completed medical form from your doctor.
Then, it’s time to attend orientation, organise your visa and book your flights! The team will help you with all of this.
Third Party Costs
Police Background Check
A Police Background Check check is mandatory and must be completed for anyone who works with children. If you have previously been employed in a child-orientated work environment you may already have one, however, we can only accept it if it was issued from June 2019 onwards.
US Visa – $160 USD + $66
The fee for your US visa is paid directly to the US embassy when you book your appointment. A $66 visa handling fee will be applied to your account – once this is paid your DS2019 will be released to you.
You are required to attend the embassy in person and are responsible for your travel to the embassy on your interview day.
Medical – $0-$100
To do AmeriCamp you will need a medical check from your doctor. This will include a list of vaccinations and immunisations. Different doctors have different pricing plans; however, if your doctor is charging more than $100 please contact us for advice.
Flights – $700-$1500
We will help you with the booking of your flights and provide great deals!
We encourage flights to be booked through us because it means you are likely to be with other AmeriCampers on the same flight.
For a flight quote email [email protected] or call +44161 312 3640
18-20 years – $1500 USD-$1600 USD
If you are aged between 18-20 you will be guaranteed a salary between $1500 USD-$1600 USD.
21 or over – $1750 USD
- Placement at one of the best Camps in America.
- All meals covered whilst you work at Camp.
- Free accommodation for the duration of your Camp placement.
- Comprehensive medical insurance for the full duration of your Camp contract.
- 24-hour helpline in the USA if you have any problems.
- Guidance and sponsorship for your J-1 visa and cultural exchange permits, which allows you to work in the US and earn a salary.
- Flight flexibility and Discounted Flights.
- The opportunity to travel once you have completed your placement you have the option to travel for 30 days before you return home!
- Full support throughout the application process.
- Access to our exclusive New York After Party!
…and so much more including:
- More money earned overall with us than any other organisation.
- Work opportunities following completion of Summer Camp placement in your domestic country.
- Personal help with your application from our AmeriCamp HQ in Manchester if you require it.
- Brilliant and personal customer service.
- Fun e-orientations!
- Flexible Skype interview.
- Discounted hoodies and t-shirts.
- Discounts with companies affiliated with AmeriCamp such as Camp Thailand, AusJob, Camp Cambodia, Camp South Africa, and Invasion.
- Great addition to your CV.
- Invitations to AmeriCamp reunions and events.
- Friendships that will last forever, all around the world!
- Fantastic work experience.
- Memories that will last a lifetime!
- A great tan.
- Free T-Shirt.
Costs and salaries for the AmeriCamp program were set up to facilitate post-Camp travel around America for participants of the program.
The AmeriCamp program pays applicants up to $1850 USD, dependent on the age of the applicant and which Camp they are placed at; with an abundance of locations waiting to be explored in America, the AmeriCamp program opens the door for travellers to explore the far and wide during their Summer adventure.